One QR Code for All Social Media Profiles
What is QR Code for all social media and how does it work?
QR Code for all social media is a QR Code that displays all your social media platforms on one mobile-optimized landing page. Also known as Social Media QR Code, you can use it to promote your social media profiles on any print media.
Life before Social Media QR Code
Before the existence of this type of QR Code, individual QR Codes were created to bring target audiences to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. This resulted in three different QR Codes on the same print material, which makes it look unattractive. Plus, a QR Code reader can only detect one QR Code at a time, rendering them useless. With Social Media QR Code, you can just simply scan one QR Code for all social media profiles.
What types of social media platforms can I add to the QR Code?
Our Social Media QR Code currently supports these platforms:
- Facebook - This is the world’s largest networking site and also the most recognizable brand. With more than two billion users and counting, Facebook is the easiest way to connect with your audience.
- Twitter - Knows for its short text style or “tweets,” Twitter is one of the best social media platforms to disseminate information and engage in conversations quickly.
- Instagram - One of the best photo-sharing social sites with a simple photo editing tool built-in.
- LinkedIn - Called the “Facebook for professionals,” LinkedIn is fast becoming an important platform for companies. It is also an ideal platform for recruiting and job searching.
- Youtube - Upload your videos on Youtube to let people share and comment easily. Youtube is the largest video sharing site where users can watch for free.
- XING - XING is the LinkedIn equivalent of a professional networking site made for German speakers in Austria, Germany, and Switzerland.
- Tumblr - Post anything and follow everyone with this microblogging platform. It’s highly customizable and offers plenty of multimedia options such as GIFs, music, text, and more.
- Vimeo - Minus the ads, Vimeo is also a video-sharing platform similar to Youtube.
- Dribbble - One of the largest platforms for designers to showcase their work online, Dribbble is a favorite among illustrators, web designers and other professionals in the creative field.
- Reddit - The best way to know if your content is interesting is to let the people decide through the upvoting system on Reddit.
- Tripadvisor - Suitable for those in the hospitality industry, Tripadvisor lets customers read and write reviews of hotels, restaurants, airlines, car rentals, and any other travel-related services.
- Snapchat - Similar to Youtube and Vimeo, Snapchat is a video sharing app with a twist. All videos or “snaps” disappear after 24 hours, which means contents that are uploaded are only live temporarily.
- Pinterest - Think of Pinterest as a mood board for planners. It’s a bookmarking site popular among DIY-ers, wedding planners, decorators, and project managers.
- Google+ - Originally made for the general public, Google+ is now made exclusively for companies using G Suite to drive collaboration.
- WeChat - WeChat is a Chinese equivalent of the popular messaging app, WhatsApp.
- Line - Similar to WeChat and WhatsApp, Line offers more than just the basic messaging service such as social games, other app integrations, and it’s own merchandise.
- Flickr - Photo sharing site for photographers to upload high-quality images.
- VKontakte - VK is one of the largest social networking platforms in Russia and has quite similar features to Facebook.
- Skype - Conduct free voice and video calls between Skype accounts with a group conference feature.
- Github - GitHub is a social networking site for programmers to share codes.
Additionally, if a platform you need is not listed, just let us know and we’ll look into adding it. Aside from the different platforms, you can also link to your website or a specific page on the web such as a contact form.
Why do I need a Social Media QR Code?
Design a clutter-free collateral
You don’t have to worry about placing multiple social media links on your brochures, flyers, catalogs, business cards, or any other marketing materials. With the Social Media QR Code, all your social media platforms are displayed on one page while you make room to design a more informational and attractive print material. Plus, a QR Code takes less space, thus reducing print ink waste.
Provide more ways to connect
Not all your audiences have Facebook, and not all of them have Instagram. By displaying all the different social media platforms you’re in, you provide an opportunity for your audience to connect with you; however they want.
Get ahead of your competition
Most companies stick to only the major networking sites such as Twitter or LinkedIn because it’s difficult to keep track. But with the Social Media QR Code, you can have them all in one place and potentially spread the news about your products or services to more people.
Use either in print or digital
Social Media QR Code is so versatile, it can be used both in print and digital. How? Simply use the included short URL and attach it in your email signature, social media posts, share via messaging service, and many more.
How to create a Social Media QR Code?
- Sign up to QR Code Generator PRO and get started with a 14-day free trial. You can upgrade at any time to continue using the QR Code if you decide the tool is right for you.
- Once your account is activated, select Create QR Code in the dashboard then choose Social Media.
- Add a headline and short description to inform your audience what the page is about. Then, enter all your social media platform links as well as website URL.
- Next, customize the page to match your personal style or company identity. You can also upload a featured image or a welcome screen to amplify your branding power.
- To personalize it further, select one of the ready-made QR Code frames and add your own custom text to urge your audience to scan the Code.
- Add some finishing touches such as adding a logo in the center of your QR Code and changing the Code’s color to suit you.
- Finally, download and integrate it into the file design of your print collateral.
Can I see some use cases for Social Media QR Code?
If you’d like to get inspired to use QR Codes in innovative and unique ways, here are a few examples from fictional brands to get your creativity flowing.
Southern Restaurant makes it easy for its dine-in guests to tag them online by printing a Social Media QR Code on table tents. Guests are now free to share and tag photos of their food on their favorite social media channels.
Elle Boutique wanted to find a way to connect with customers after they’ve left the store. To do so, they’ve printed a Social Media QR Code on their shopping bags so customers could follow the latest fashion trends online.
The Three Sparrows wanted to increase their online followers. Now at their concerts, a giant Social Media QR Code is projected on the background so fans can follow their updates.
Brixton Consulting firm attends conferences and trade shows regularly. By adding a Social Media QR Code on their banners, they’ve made it easier for potential clients to follow them online.
Are there any Social Media QR Code best practices I should know about?
We recommend a minimum size of 2 x 2 cm (0.8 x 0.8 in) for any QR Codes. This ensures that your QR Codes remain scannable, especially when you’re about to print a large batch for business cards. Visit our guide before you print for more tips.
If you own a company, include a logo on your QR Code to increase brand awareness. Whenever a QR Code with your logo appears anywhere, your audience or customers will not hesitate to scan it as it makes them feel secure about the legitimacy of the QR Code.
QR Codes are the perfect medium to splash some colors that match your personality or brand. They don’t have to be black and white anymore, so you can experiment with complementing colors. One important thing to note: Always use a darker color for the foreground (the black and square pixels itself) and a lighter color for the background. Visit our QR Code design guide for more tips.
Our generator makes sure that your QR Codes stay in the highest possible quality no matter what. You have the option to choose between JPG, PNG, EPS, or even SVG file formats. It’s easy to integrate the QR Code to your business card design using any photo editing tool.
No. A Social Media QR Code that is created with QR Code Generator PRO will never expire for as long as you have a running subscription. You can pause or activate it as you please by just logging into your account.
The best way to test if your device can scan any QR Code is to open the camera app and hold it over a QR Code. If a notification pops up, your device is equipped with a built-in QR Code scanner. If nothing happened, check your settings to see if QR Code scanning is enabled. If all else fails, simply download a trusted QR Code reader from your app store.
Do not worry. Social Media QR Code is Dynamic, which means the contents and links can be replaced or edited at any time without needing to reprint or regenerate a new QR Code. Simply log in to your account, select which links to update or replace and hit save.